Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Seahorse Tutorial

I was asked to test a seahorse tutorial for Laurie of "glassbead" last week.


These are the first two that I did... I ran out of propane on the one on the left just before it got it's eyes... IT's also a bit on the fat side!  The one on the right needs more contrast in it's stringers!
My second two are much smaller  & I think cuter... actually they are getting smaller every time I make them... I also got lazy with my stringers and only added the ones going round the body then combed them...

She has a really interesting technique to make the tail....  I am improving  (the green glass I used in the 4th one is a really old colour called Mozaic green... in the rod it looks black...I think for  for the tail to work properly the glass should be more transparent!)

But I think these little guys are really cute...Here's a direct link to the tutorial. if you want to try it yourself.

3 comments:

brokenteepee said...

Awww, they are very cute - fat or not

glassbead, isinglass design said...

Lynne- you did great! I hadn't seen the new ones. And thank you SO much for your help. Lynne's ideas and insights really improved this tutorial. Always good to get an outside view!

kath001 said...

Those are adorable. :)