Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, October 29, 2010

Garbage and more garbage....

Well I'm home from operation clean sweep... think I wore the whorls off of my fingers packing and pitching... I found cupboards in that house I didn't know existed! You would not believe all the treasures that can be accumualted in 60 years... I have very good intentions to do some purging here after that trip... Will I ...Stay tuned, but don't hold your breath!


Pretty bad when the only pictures I took of the house were the piles of garbage the last day I was there. (that's 5 days of garbage and recycle) Actually the nearly empty house was too depressing.... AND that snow was totally unnecessary!

Mom & Dad have moved into a Seniors condo complex in Edmonton close to where my sister lives. Even with the piles of 'treasures' left behind they moved for too many things for the 980 sq ft space they now inhabit... but by the time I left you could actually see the floor in all the rooms!

3 comments:

storybeader said...

I hope t hey get used to their new space. So glad to hear it the two of them!

brokenteepee said...

Glad you are back. Sorry you are sore.

kath001 said...

It is so funny that you mentioned your fingerprints being worn off...through our moving my hands, especially fingers, were SO dry, scratchy, peely! Yesterday we made an all-out effort and emptied the old house...the new owner was determined to start moving in today. We left a lot of boxes etc. in a storage building there at the old property, so we still have to go back and retrieve a lot, but I will be spending this week just dealing with the boxes of stuff we brought to the new house. I go back to work tomorrow, so not sure how much I'm going to feel like doing in the evenings...especially since I now have an hour and a half commute each way. Time will tell...I'm just glad to have the majority of stress behind me...I hope. :)

Hope your parents settle well, and are happy in their new home. Bless you for helping them with the move!