Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Lost in the wilds of Northern Georgia


Yesterday was a rainy Saturday... and today looks like rain too.... I'm currently in residence at William Holland Laipidary School in Young Harris Georgia... Above is a view from the grounds...

Lasy week was sunny and over 80... I'm here for three weeks, the first week I took a cold connections class from Kim St Jean... that was a lot of fun and I now have all sorts of new steam punk copper jewellery... I think I need a few more arms to wear all of my bracelets!

Last week I took a cabbing class from Betty James... Cabbing is something that I've never done... 30 years ago I did spent a couple of weeks slabbing and polishing some rocks for someones rock collection.. but that was long ago and far away! G (my husband) will be happy to know that I have no desire what soever to buy myself the equipment to continue cabbing at home! However I think I did figure out what I'm doing wrong with my flat lap set up I bought for polishing glass beads! The hi lite of the week was the piece of petrified wood that I cut and polished ( I thought it was really nice until the instructor looked at it and said it looked the moon that you cut out of an out house door...

I also managed to fit in a number of demos for the advanced bead making class... they all got a free unadvertized guest instructor.. I did jellyfish and crackle beads...

and my last class which starts tonight is a Silver 2 class... a class on creative ways to texture and alter silver... thennest weekend I start heading north!

Pictures of finished pieces may start showing up if the sun starts shining!

2 comments:

brokenteepee said...

Sounds like you are busy, but having fun.

storybeader said...

"she's not on vacation - she's working!" That's fantastic, Lynne, hope you're have a great time and learning lots.