Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, February 25, 2012

ABS Monthly Challenge Feb 2012

The Conference of the Birds by Habiballah
This is a page from a 15th century manuscript....  I just loved the colours... so I felt the need to recreate the painting as a glass bead.. or at least the landscape part....



 This is the front of the focal....


 This is actually the back of the focal....  I worked on the focal  for three days.... I'd pull it out of the kiln in the morning ...look at it and decide it was missing something... so back it went....

The chain was an 18" inch piece of chain that said I paid $9.00 for it... Sigh I wonder how long I've had it!  The blue 'thread' is stringth... I thought it would be easy to twist thread through chain and knot the beads into it... Wrong  I think by the last couple of knots I had it figured out????





Anyway by the time I cut the chain apart so that I could add the beads... I no longer  had enough chain... so I had to solder all the cut links back together and add them to the chain... Then I found one of the links that I had soldered on the floor .. so I made a link.... so that I didn't waste the one I'd dropped....

The 'chain' can be worn with or without the focal....

6 comments:

kath001 said...

That is so gorgeous! You absolutely captured the feel of the painting. I love it! And the chain is beautiful as well.

Karen Williams said...

Oooh! Yummy! I just love your focal beads. You interpreted the design so beautifully!

And I'm impressed by the lengths you went through to create the necklace. :)

Patti Vanderbloemen said...

Wow! Your focal bead is absolutle perfection! What a beautiful work of art!

Diva Designs Jewelry said...

When I saw the closeup of the focal on ABS this morning, my first thought was how literal an interpretation of the background you managed to create, and I think the fact that you did it with such a fluid medium as glass is amazing! Awesome job!

Beth said...

It's so fun to read about your process, the necklace is so perfect that you make it look effortless, although as an artist I could totally relate to how it all came together! I couldn't remember my flickr password! Your focal bead is amazing. Great work!

Bobbie said...

Breathtaking! It's as though you snatched a piece out of the inspiration art and wrapped it up under glass. Wow!