Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Art Bead Scene Ornament Blog Hop


Welcome to the First annual ABS Ornament blog hop! Inspiration for this ornament...

I was looking around the house at all the boxes of beads that are stashed on every flat surface available.... trying to find a focal bead for the ornament... I had made a bunch of hollow beads with swirls of Clio on the top last summer... Although one or two of them are gorgeous they all still got thrown in a box, this is the wonkiest of the hollows so I thought it would be an appropriate addition to our 'Charlie Brown' tree.

But why did I make a Christmas ornament out of 'garbage'? If you have been following this blog you will know that I spent 16 days in Oct helping my parents move out of the house they had been living in for 60 years, I swore when I got home I would start cleaning up here.... & that I would quit buying more beads, wire etc unless I really needed it... This ornament is my first stab at operation cleanup!

The 'Findings' if they are still findings when you are making a Christmas ornament are all copper, (scraps I found in my 'work room') and the seed beads were chosen because their edges are too sharp to use with thread.

I will hang my assembled collection of scrap, unloved beads & misfits with pride on my tree this Christmas and every time I look at it I will remember that I promised myself that I would start to declutter... Someday!

Wishing everyone a Happy & Safe Holiday Season!

Other participating blogs








Island Girl's Insights - you are here!







17 comments:

brokenteepee said...

Oooh, it looks so pretty. And sparkly.
I like sparkly

Rosanne said...

I love your ornament. Charlie Brown trees have always been a favorite of mine. You sound a lot like me, I have my treasures stacked and piled on everything. Its our nature...lol! Merry Christmas.

Fab Fibers

Michelle Mach said...

What a great idea! Working with what you already have really forces you to be extra creative. I know sometimes when I get stuck, my first impulse is to buy a new bead or finding. But I've found when I've been forced to stick to my stash, I try out many more possibilities. You're an inspiration!

Mary Harding said...

I love the colors in your ornament and your use of what you have around. I used what I had too. I love to shop but it is nice to stretch one's creative resourcefulness too. Have a very Happy Holiday.

Beverly Herman said...

We all have a little Charlie Brown in us. Your ornaments is beautiful. I like the added touch of beads for a tassel. Merry Christmas!

Diva Designs Jewelry said...

Now the Charlie Brown theme song is running through my head. LOL

Beautiful ornament, one of my favorites so far!

Lynda

Rosalynn said...

There is beauty in every bead (and scrap). What a lovely ornament you created out of things that were cast aside. A reminder to find the beauty in everyone if we just look for it.

Tari of ClayButtons.com said...

It is a wonderful ornament. I love the story.
Merry Christmas!
Tari

Heather Powers said...

I love it and would never guess it was left-over beads! Your creativity shines through.

TesoriTrovati said...

Handmade misfits are the only way to go! Thanks for sharing. I had a smile on my face with that story. Enjoy the day!
Erin

Spirited Earth said...

thanks for sharing the story..great idea and wonderful ornament

Elysian Studios said...

Great story! I have an art supply addiction myself! I bet your creativity will grow as you force yourself to get resourceful with what you already have- good luck!

cindydolezaldesigns said...

I love it. An early New Years Resolution. And a beautiful ornament.

rosebud101 said...

I love the ornament. I can see Charlie Brown hanging it on his tree!

Islandgirl said...

Thanks for all the kind comments! My tree has been up for three days and 'Charlie's Ornament' is the only thing on it.. It looks very lonely!

Pretty Things said...

Very nice! I love the translucent quality -- hang that right in front of a light!

Cindy Gimbrone said...

Well I'm very happy you decided to use your "garbage!" What a lovely ornament!